1. Read the text in Acts 2:37-39 (as many as the Lord our God will call.”)
2. 2 Thess 2:13-14 - 13But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, for that God chose you from the beginning unto salvation in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14whereunto he called you through our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ
3. 1 Thess. 2:10-12 -10Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and righteously and unblameably we behaved ourselves toward you that believe: 11as ye know how we dealt with each one of you, as a father with his own children, exhorting you, and encouraging you, and testifying, 12to the end that ye should walk worthily of God, who calleth you into his own kingdom and glory
We are called by the gospel….but for what?
1. When you are called by someone you are called for a reason…
2. Mom called be – I didn’t just show up…I’d ask “What do you want”
3. We are called BY GOD (Acts -39)
4. We are called BY THE GOSPEL….(2 Thess. -14)
5. We are called OUT OF THE WORLD and INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD (1 Thess. -12)
….but for what purpose?
1. Read Gal. 5:13-14 13For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another. 14For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
2. Romans 12:9-16 9Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 10In love of the brethren be tenderly affectioned one to another; in honor preferring one another; 11in diligence not slothful; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 12rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing stedfastly in prayer; 13communicating to the necessities of the saints; given to hospitality. 14Bless them that persecute you; bless, and curse not. 15Rejoice with them that rejoice; weep with them that weep. 16Be of the same mind one toward another
1. 1 Tim. 6:11-12, 11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith, lay hold on the life eternal, whereunto thou wast called, and didst confess the good confession in the sight of many witnesses.
2. Jude 3, 3Beloved, while I was giving all diligence to write unto you of our common salvation, I was constrained to write unto you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints.
1. Philippians 2:14-16 12So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure. 14Do all things without murmurings and questionings: 15that ye may become blameless and harmless, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom ye are seen as lights in the world, 16holding forth the word of life; that I may have whereof to glory in the day of Christ, that I did not run in vain neither labor in vain
”They therefore that were scattered abroad, went about preaching the word.”