1. The importance of Baptism. ----MARK 16:15-16
(Mark 16:15-16) And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."
2. Baptism is significant from more than one standpoint .
a. Saves 1 PETER 3: 20-22
(1 Pet 3:20-22) (SPEAKING OF THOSE BEFORE THE FLOOD) who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-- not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-- through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.
b. Baptized into Christ . GAL. 3: 26-29
(Gal 3:26-29) For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
c. Baptized into the Church . 1 COR. 12:13
(1 Cor 12:13) For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
3. Baptism within itself is a testimony .
a. The individual that is submitting to Baptism is confessing certain things in such an act.
b. "Actions speak louder than words ."
4. Have you ever thought about what a person is saying when he is baptized ?
5. Have you ever thought about your acknowledgments upon being baptized ?
6. This is a study of an old subject from a new angle .
I. EVERY SOUL NEEDS TO OBEY THE GOSPEL .
1. Believe in Christ . JOHN 3:16 ; HEB. 11:6
2. Repent of every sin . ACTS 17:29-31; LUKE 13:1-3
3. Confess Christ before men . ROM. 10:9-10 ; MATT. 10: 32-33
4. Be Baptized . ACTS 2:37-38
5. Cannot leave out one step or command. JAMES 2:10
II. YOUR TESTIMONY IN BEING BAPTIZED .
1. You are saying that you have decided to go the Lord's way. JOHN 14:6
2. Confessing that you are a sinner and stand in need of salvation .
3. Acknowledging the Blood of Christ . MATT. 26:28
4. A Humble spirit
5. Looking to God through Christ .
6. Turning your back on the world and accepting a more perfect way .
7. You want to be a member of the Lord's Church . ACTS 2:41 AND 47
8. That you are going to partake of the Lord's Supper every first day of the week . ACTS 20:7
9. That you are going to live a faithful Christian Life . REV. 22:14
1. Many turn their back upon the command of baptism .
2. Such people do not realize what they are doing .
3. To deny baptism is to deny all things of a spiritual nature .
4. Such people will be lost in this life and in the world to come .
IV. BAPTISM AND YOU .
1. Will you not accept this command of God ? MATT. 28:18-20
2. Are you going to reject this command ? MARK 16:16
3. The decision of salvation is left up to you .
V. MUCH DEPENDS UPON BAPTISM .
1. It determines as to whether you will be saved or lost .
2. Your decision will have an effect upon your associates .
3. Eternity depends upon your action on this matter .